Modification of Child Custody Orders
Orange County Child Custody Lawyers on Your Side
After orders have been issued for legal
custody, physical custody, and visitation of minor children, it is common for
changes in circumstances to occur that warrant a modification of these
orders. Our Irvine
divorce lawyers at
The Buncher Law Corporation are experienced and very knowledgeable in prosecuting and defending actions
for modifications of child custody.
Share the details of your case with us during an initial consultation. Call us at (949) 398-8720.
What Qualifies as a Valid Reason to Modify an Existing Order?
Here are some of the more common changes in circumstances which will warrant
child custody modifications:
- A child expresses a strong preference to spend more time with one parent.
This is particularly important at the age of 14 or thereafter.
- The actual timeshare a parent has been spending with his/her child is materially
different from the timeshare provided in the prior order.
- Circumstances have changed which cause it to be in the best interest of
the child to spend more time with a particular parent.
- A parent has completed parenting classes and/or other counseling, and is
now better suited to spend more time with children and take on more parenting
- A parent has become a substance abuser, neglected the parties' child,
or has otherwise become less fit to see to the best interests and welfare
of the parties' child.
- An infant or young child has matured, causing the child to be capable of
seeing each parent for larger continuous blocks of time rather than needed
to be with the mother every day.
For Guidance, Consult with Our Divorce Attorneys in Orange County.
Where there is a change in child custody orders, it will also usually be
appropriate to modify the amount of
child support being paid. Our firm can guide you through the entire modification process,
from start to finish. We represent men and women throughout Orange County.
To begin modifying an existing child custody order, please get in touch with our firm today.